A delicious and comforting recipe that is all vegetarian, and made with carrots, corn, and peas. It is a great main dish or side dish that you can include to a potluck, family gathering, or BBQ.
This recipe is healthy and quick to prepare, yet delicious and comforting.
Vegetarian Chow Mein
- 12 oz package dried chow mein noodles
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup carrots cubed
- 1 cup corn
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger or ground
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp casareep or sorghum syrup
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sichuan peppercorns
- 1 tsp ground star anise
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ground fennel seeds
- Sea salt to taste
- In a large pot, bring some water to a boil and add some salt and the chow mein. Cook according to package directions.
- Drain noodles in colander, and rinse with cold water right away.
- Place the noodles in a long pan and season with the all the spices and 1 tbsp of sesame oil. Gently stir, and set aside.
- In a large pan, add 1 tbsp of sesame oil, the carrots, peas, and corn and cook for about 8 minutes or until the carrots are soft. Then add the seasoned chow mein noodles and cook for 5 more minutes, stirring gently occasionally.